This wonderfully conceived booklet faithfully interprets St. Ignatius’ 14 Rules for the Discernment of Spirits. Each panel is a cute-but-deadly-serious explanation of Ignatian principals for distinguishing between the influence of God and the evil one.
The simple black-and-white 16-page booklet was written by Mother Clare Matthiass, the superior of the CFR sisters, and illustrated by Mindy Indy, a NYC-based artist. Their aim is to present Ignatian wisdom in a down-to-earth form that’s easily understood by all ages.
Note: this booklet is NOT just for kids! While the artwork may be lighthearted, the principals are full-strength! Excellent for explaining the spiritual life to grade-schoolers, or for use at youth retreats, confirmation classes, or even young adult gatherings.
- Rule One: How the Spirits Behave When You are Misbehaving
- Rule Two: How the Spirits Behave When You are on the Right Path
- Rule Three: Spiritual Consolation
- Rule Four: Spiritual Desolation
- Rule Five: What Not to Do When You are Experiencing Spiritual Desolation
- Rule Six: What Do You Do During Spiritual Desolation?
- Rule Seven: How to Think When in Spiritual Desolation
- Rule Eight: More Tips on How to Think in Times of Spiritual Desolation
- Rule Nine: Why Do We Experience Spiritual Desolation Anyway?
- Rule Ten: How to Think When in Spiritual Consolation
- Rule Eleven: Dispositions for Spiritual Consolation and Spiritual Desolation
- Rule Twelve: The Inside Scoop on the Personality Traits of the Enemy
- Rule Thirteen: How to Defeat Your Enemy
- Rule Fourteen: The Enemy Knows Your Weak Points and Means to Attack Them